- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pour the Butter Olive Oil into a 1 quart bowl.
- Separate eggs, placing yolks in a small bowl. Beat yolks well with a fork or whisk and then add to Butter Olive Oil and stir to mix well.
- Add cream and lemon juice to egg mixture and stir until well mixed. Microwave the mixture, uncovered, on high until just slightly thick, about 1-2 minutes. Stir with a fork about every 20 minutes during the heating. Remove sauce from the microwave and add the mustard. Stir well.
- NOTE: If making ahead, pour the sauce into an insulated container such as a thermos. It will stay warm for about 2 hours. Alternately, cool the sauce until it reaches room temperature and then refrigerate in a microwave-safe container for up to 24 hours. To reheat, cover the container with plastic wrap, pierce the wrap with a knife to vent, and microwave on 50% power about 3-4 minutes, or until heated through, stirring once during reheating. Do not let the sauce boil.