- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onions
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs (process fresh white bread)
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb. ground, raw salmon
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- In a sauce pan, sauté the onions with the butter olive oil until translucent. Add the bread crumbs, cream, salt, and cayenne seasoning, incorporating all ingredients until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the salmon and mix ingredients well. Fold in the egg whites. Spoon into a well-oiled (with Organic Butter Olive Oil) 8-1/2x5x4 loaf pan. Place the pan into another pan of boiling water. Bake until firm in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Unmold onto a platter. Pour the Italian Salsa Verde (see recipes) over the top of the salmon loaf and serve. Garnish with lemons and parsley