- 1 cup minced scallions
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- feta cheese
- 1 cup peeled cucumber (seeded)
- 1-1/2 cups bulgur wheat
- 3 cups boiling water plus another 1/4 cup water at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons Ultra Premium Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic depending on taste
- 1 lb. pre-cooked prawns (whole or minced)
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- Place the bulgur in a large bowl and pour boiling water over. Remove from heat. Let stand for about an hour until water is fully absorbed by bulgur. Refrigerate until ready to prepare rest of salad.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic and remaining 1/4 cup water in bowl to blend.
- Before adding dressing to bulgur, squeeze out any remaining water from bulgur. Then add dressing, herbs, vegetables and shrimp and toss to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead of time and chilled. Taste will improve as salad sits for a few hours.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top before serving.
- Shrimp may be omitted for a delicious vegetarian side-dish or light entree.