- 1 small bunch of asparagus wash and trimmed
- 1 tbsp Athinolia Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup 18 Year Aged Traditional balsamic vinegar
- 2 inch roma tomatoes sliced about 1/2 thick
- 8 slices thick fresh mozzarella
- 16 leaves fresh basil
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices seedy whole grain bread toasted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender and crisp. Meanwhile, add the balsamic to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until the liquid has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat, pour in a bowl or glass to serve, and let sit.
- Preheat broiler to high. Toast the bread in the toaster and place it on another baking sheet. Top each of the toasted bread slices with 2 slices of tomato, 1/4 of the asparagus, and 2 slices of the fresh mozzarella.
- Now, make your eggs! Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and fry them to your liking. While eggs are cooking put the bread under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts (keep an eye out!). Remove from the oven and top with the fresh basil. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the basil and top with a fried egg. Serve right away!