- 2 Tablespoons Frantoio-Leccino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 lb. mixed mushrooms such as portobello, button, cremini or chanterelles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- Four 1/2 inch thick slices of dense white bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a large frying pan, heat the Frantoio-Leccino Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a moderate temperature and add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until softened. Stir occasionally during the cooking process. Add the sliced onions, again covering and stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and the mushrooms are browned. Add the Sherry Reserva Vinegar and cook until almost evaporated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
- Brush the bread slices with the Frantoio-Leccino EVOO and place on a baking sheet. Bake about 6 minutes, until they look toasted. Place one slice on each of 4 plates.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Crack one egg at a time into a small dish and then slip into the skillet. Cook the eggs, sunny-side up, until the whites are firm and the yolks still runny (about 5 minutes).
- Spoon the mushroom mixture onto the toasts and top with the fried egg.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.