- 1 lb. zucchini, sliced thinly crosswise
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons California Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the flour and a pinch of salt.
- In a very large skillet, heat half the oil. Add half the zucchini and fry over high heat, turning once or twice, until browned and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined wire rack and season with salt. Repeat with the remaining oil and zucchini.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with 1 cup of cheese, basil, and generous pinch of pepper. Add the reserved pasta water a little at a time, tossing well to coat.
- Transfer the pasta to a bowl and top with the crispy zucchini. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and additional cheese.