- 2 lbs. Fuyu persimmons
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted California Walnut Oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cut of the tough green stems and slice each persimmon in 10-12 wedges.
- Combine the lime juice, cumin, about 1/2 of the chile, a dash of salt and the Roasted California Walnut Oil and whisk well. Using a small slice of the persimmon, taste the dressing. There should be just enough of the chile to give a suggestion of heat. If you like it hotter, add more to the mixture and whisk again.
- Combine the persimmons and the dressing in a bowl and toss to coat well. Spoon the salad into a pretty bowl and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, walnuts and cilantro.
- Taste and add more salt or lime juice, if needed.