- 1 head of cauliflower
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4-6 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil such as Koroneiki, Hojiblanca, Picual, etc.
- 1/3 cup cream (heavy-whipping cream)
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Garnish (optional): dollop of butter, chopped green parsley, chives, or green onions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the cauliflower and break into florets.
- Place the cauliflower pieces and the garlic on a large piece of aluminum foil. Season with salt and pepper. Close the foil tightly and place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Mash the cauliflower and garlic to desired consistency, either smooth or with a little texture.
- Pour the EVOO and cream together into a small bowl and mix well with a whisk and pour over the cauliflower. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top, taste, and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- This is pretty when garnished with chopped parsely, chives, or green onions. Add a dollop of butter, if desired.