- 1 small can tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Traditional Aged up to 18 Years Balsamic Condimento
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pat into a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake, uncovered for 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf registers 170 degrees. If you want to put tomato sauce on top, pull meatloaf out of oven at 45 minutes, pour tomato sauce on top, then continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Add ground meat and pork sausage and mix all ingredients until well blended.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, gingersnap crumbs, chopped onion, shredded carrot, parsley flakes, balsamic condimento, salt, and caraway seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into slices. Makes 8 servings.
- NOTE: if using the gingersnap gravy (on website), leave off the tomato sauce topping.