Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
An Olive Oil Recipe
45 minutes minutes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Butter Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 8 gingersnap cookies
- light brown sugar, to taste
- ground ginger, to taste
- Combine the first 8 ingredients (seasonings) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sauté celery, onions, and garlic in the Organic Butter Olive Oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the 8 spices and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring once in a while.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Boil rapidly until liquid is reduced to about 4 cups, about 25 minutes.
- Crumble the gingersnaps into the stock mixture and whisk until dissolved.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, whisking frequently to make sure gingersnaps are completely dissolved. Taste the gravy and if the ginger taste is not strong enough, add up to 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or both, until you have the taste you like.
- Strain the gravy. Makes 2-1/2 to 3 cups of gravy.