12 - 16 people
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blended
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Ultra Premium Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, eggs, Ultra Premium Arbequina EVOO, milk, and vanilla. Blend until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl add flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt, and spices. Blend together completely.
- Using a paddle mixer, slowly add flour mixture to the liquid mixture until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a greased bundt cake pan or into a greased 8 X 8 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is springy to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- When the cake is completely cooled, apply the glaze.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan in a circular motion about the heat until the butter starts to brown. Remove from heat and be sure the butter does not burn.
- In a bowl, place the confectioner's sugar and add browned butter. Stir to combine. Add on to two Tbsp of milk to get the right consistency (slightly runny)
- Pour glaze over the top of the cake, slice, and serve.