- 1 cup dry Pappardelle's Gluten-Free Lemon Basil Orzo
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- One handful of baby arugula (baby spinach optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- zest from one lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Basil olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cook orzo in salted water. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool, set aside.
- Put garlic, and lemon zest in a food processor. Pulse repeatedly until ingredients are well-chopped. Add lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Pulse again until combined, but not smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled orzo with the flavorful basil lemon sauce. Add any additions you like- arugula, cucumber, chickpeas, snap peas, feta, asparagus, or shrimp and toss to coat.
- Orzo soaks up much of the salt after it sits, so make sure to taste for salt before serving. Adjust lemon, adding more to taste.