- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried fruit (cherries, blueberries, dates, raisins, cranberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and spread out in an even layer over the lined baking sheet.
- In a medium pot set over low heat, or in your microwave, gently warm the honey so that it becomes more fluid. Whisk the olive oil, along with the vanilla, into the warm honey. It won't emulsify but that's OK.
- Evenly drizzle the honey-olive oil mixture over the oats on the baking sheet. Toss everything gently to coat as much of the oats with honey and olive oil as possible. Redistribute into an even layer and pop into the oven on the middle rack.
- Every 10 minutes for about 30 minutes, stir the granola, the honey and olive oil, continuously coating all of the granola as you do this.
- When the granola is fragrant and golden brown, remove it from the oven and stir it one last time to ensure even distribution of olive oil and honey.
- Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes approximately 9 cups (servings) of granola.