- 4 lbs. boneless pot roast
- 4 Tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped in 1/4 inch chunks
- 2 cans mushrooms, drained
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Trim excess fat from the roast. Combine the flour, salt and pepper and dredge the meat with the flour mixture.
- Sear the coated meat in 4 Tablespoons Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil until brown on all sides.
- Place carrots, potatoes, onions and celery in a slow cooker and then place the meat on top. Spread the mushrooms over the top of the meat.
- With lid on the slow cooker, cook on low setting for 10 - 12 hours.
- Make a paste with the flour and water and slowly blend into the juices in the slow cooker to thicken gravy.