5 minutes minutes
- 1/3 cup Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh spinach (washed thoroughly and stems removed)
- 1 small can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions in the oil until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring for a few minutes until spinach wilts. Add the tomato sauce and water and bring to a boil. Add the parsley, dill, salt and pepper and rice and reduce to low heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, until rice is tender. If necessary, add more water.
- Add fresh lemon juice and and top with feta, if desired. Serve immediately.