Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Grilled Korean Short Ribs (Kalbi)
A Delicacy Oil and Vinegar Recipe
4 or more hours marinating time and for other prep 30 minutes
- 5 lbs. Korean style beef short ribs*
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small Asian pear, peeled and finely grated
- 4 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Roasted Japanese Sesame Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- * Korean short ribs can be found in Asian markets. They differ from American short ribs in that they are cut lengthwise across the rib bones. The result is a thin strip of meat about 8-10 inches long with 1/2 inch thick rib bones on both sides. They grill very quickly.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly on both sides of the ribs and let sit while preparing the marinade.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer the sugared beef ribs to a heavy duty freezer bag. Add the marinade, press around the edges to get the excess air out, and then seal the bag. Turn over several times to completely coat the beef. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Overnight marinating is preferable.
- Heat grill to medium hot. Take ribs out of marinade and grill 3-4 minutes per side, turning once.
- Top with green onions if you like. Serve whole pieces as a main course or smaller pieces as appetizers.
- NOTE: The marinade is delicious used with chicken, too.