- 2 pounds baby red potatoes
- ¼ cup plus ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons California Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium, about 400 F. Bring the potatoes, ¼ cup of salt, and water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool 5 minutes. Cut potatoes in half length-wise.
- Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, Pinot Noir Wine Vinegar, garlic, oregano, chives, parsley, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in ¼ cup of the Ascolano EVOO, ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.
- Toss the potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons Ascolano EVO and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Grill potatoes, cut side down and covered with grill lid, until lightly charred, about 8 minutes. Turn and grill, covered with grill lid, 2 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool 5 minutes.
- Toss together the cucumber, sweet onion, potatoes, and dressing. Serve chilled.