- 1-1/2 lbs. uncooked prawns
- Salt and pepper
- Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Garlic-Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 small head garlic, top trimmed off
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon dry white wine
- 3 Tablespoons Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce (or 1 Tablespoon dry chili flakes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel, devein and rinse the prawns. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until time to grill.
- Trim off the top of the garlic head but leave the garlic otherwise intact. Brush generously with olive oil. Roast the garlic in the 400 degree oven for about 10-15. Garlic should be slightly tender and fragrant. Remove from oven. Cool and then peel and chop the roasted garlic very finely.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped garlic with the other sauce ingredients (cilantro, lime juice, white wine, olive oil and chili sauce). Mix well and set aside.
- Lightly oil and heat a cast iron grill or griddle to medium high heat. Brush the prawns with a little olive oil and grill on both sides until prawns are pink. You want to achieve some char, but be careful not to overcook prawns or they will be tough.
- Remove the prawns from the grill to a bowl and coat with the roasted garlic and cilantro sauce. Transfer to a serving plate. Or, you can transfer the grilled prawns to a serving plate and simply add the roasted garlic-cilantro sauce on the side for dipping.
- Serve with pasta or rice and a nice green salad as a dinner entree or simply serve as a party appetizer.