- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into a measuring cup and leveled off, plus more for flouring pan.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tbsp of sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup of Arbequina Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 tsp lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 tsp orange zest from one orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of red seedless grapes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 9 in. springform pan. Place about 2 tbsp of flour in the pan. Turn and shake the pan so that the flour covers all greased surfaces. Turn the pan upside down over the sink and tap lightly to remove excess flour. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside. Beat eggs with 2/3 cup of sugar until pale and slightly thickened (about a minute in an electric mixer.) Add the milk, olive oil, melted butter, lemon zest, orange zest, and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in 1-1/2 cups of the grapes. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top with the spatula. Scatter the remaining grapes evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp of sugar evenly over the top. Bake for about 50 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden and the tester comes out clean. Cool the cake for about 15 minutes on a rack.
- Freezer friendly instructions: This cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. After it is completely cooled, wrap it securely in aluminum foil, freezer wrap, or a freezer bag. Thaw overnight on the countertop before serving.