for cleaning shrimp 30 minutes
for pasta about 10 + for prawns about 3 minutes
- 1 lb. prawns (large shrimp), shelled and deveined
- 8 oz. whole wheat pasta of your choice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilies
- 2 Tablespoons Milanese Gremolata or Leccino Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, vegetable or chicken stock
- Clean and devein shrimp. Cook the pasta as directed on pkg. Meanwhile, rinse and dry the shrimp. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet or wok. Stir-fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, just until they turn pink. Add the garlic and crushed red chilies just before the shrimp are done. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the mixture with the parsley and add the wine.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the wok. Mix everything thoroughly and heat just through.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed.