- FOR CATFISH:
- 1 lb. catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon. salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- FOR SALSA:
- 1 diced avocado
- 2 oranges, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced, 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons Whole Fruit Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon White Condimento
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR SALSA:
- In a bowl, place garlic, jalapeno, red onions, oranges and avodacos. Mix well.
- Season with salt, pepper, Lemon White Condimento and Blood Orange Olive Oil. Set aside for flavors to develop.
- After dishing up the fish, top it with a generous helping of salsa. Decorate with lemon wedges.
- FOR FISH FILLETS:
- Place fish fillets in large bowl and drizzle the Coratina EVOO over them and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Combine spices in a 9-inch pie plate, mixing well.
- Place fillets in hot skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil and cook 2-3 minutes per side, turning only once.
- Dip each fillet into seasonings and coat each side evenly.
- Remove fish fillets from oil and drain.
- Using hot pad, turn pan right side up.
- Turn on vent during cooking to eliminate smoke.
- Heat a cast iron skillet upside down over high heat for 5-10 minutes or until very hot.