- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 29 oz can tomato sauce
- One 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- One 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Balsamic condimento
- 1/2 tsp plus 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- One 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Using a Dutch oven, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is browned and vegetables are soft, breaking up beef into crumbles.
- Drain and stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, pumpkin, 1 tablespoon sugar, chili powder, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring milk, cream, butter, and remaining sugar and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to a low boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon 2-3 minutes, until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from sides of the pan (mixture should be thick).
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Let stand until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Stir beans into chili and heat through. Cut polenta into six pieces. Serve with chili.