Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
An Olive Oil Recipe
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal, or from a mix, such as Aunt Jemima's.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of any good olive oil, such as Frantoio-Leccino, Hojiblanca or Galega
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- Oil, butter or clarified margarine for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients (cornmeal through eggs) until well combined.
- Heat the frying oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop about 2 Tablespoons of the batter into the hot skillet. Fry each hoecake until brown and crisp on one side and then turn each of them over to brown the other side.
- Remove each hoecake and put on a paper towel to drain.
- Serve while still hot. Hoecakes can be eaten by themselves or drizzled with syrup or crumbled into buttermilk and served as a dessert.