- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 20 fluid oz. water
- 12 fluid oz. beer
- 2 small yellow onions, finely chopped
- 12 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 2 (7 oz.) cans diced green chiles
- 2 (28 oz.) cans whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 2 Tablespoons Ultra Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 lbs. beef chuck, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- Flour for dredging
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, serrano chilies, onions, beer, water, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add chopped cilantro and simmer 1 hour longer.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat. Dredge beef cubes in flour. Cook in hot oil until browned on all sides, reducing heat if necessary.