4 adult(s) people
- 2 Tablespoons Melgarejo Picual EVOO or bacon fat
- 1-1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large green peppers, cut in thin strips
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, either home-made or canned
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 lb. egg noodles
- In a large Dutch Oven, heat 1 Tablespoon of the Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil over moderately high heat. In a small paper bag, put the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and pork cubes. Holding the top of the bag closed, shake the bag until the pork is completely coated. Add the pork to the Dutch oven and brown on all sides for about 3 minutes. Remove. Adding a little more oil to the pot, repeat the process with the rest of the pork.
- Lower the temperature to medium low and add an additional Tablespoon of oil. Add the bell peppers and onion and cook with the lid on the Dutch oven for about 7 minutes. Take the Dutch Oven off the stove and stir in the remaining 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and the paprika. Stir for 30 seconds until the spices are mixed in and then put the pot back on the stove, adding the pork and any accumulated juices and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, partially covered, until the pork is just done, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce the heat to very low and whisk in the the sour cream.
- Cook the egg noodles until just done, about 7 minutes, in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain. Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce from the stew and toss with the noodles. Served the rest of the stew over the noodles.