- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- One 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, fire-roasted, if possible
- One 2 lb. roasted chicken, skin removed, boned and diced - about 1 quart of meat.
- 2 cups cooked lentils or one 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- NOTE: If using dry lentils, prepare them the night before you plan to make this recipe. Place the dry lentils in a small pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Lower heat and cook until just tender, only about 30 minutes for brown lentils, 20 for green one. Drain and rinse under cold water. Do this the night before and you'll be ready to prepare dinner the next night in no time flat!
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onions until soft and but not yet browned. Add curry powder and cook, stirring into onions until thoroughly mixed and aromatic, about a half a minute.
- Stir in the skinned, boned and diced cooked chicken, tomatoes, lentils and salt and cook, stirring thoroughly, until completely heated.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt. Serve immediately.