- 1/4-1/2 cup flat beer
- 2-3 drops Chipotle Olive Oil or chili oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Organic Butter Olive Oil
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients except the beer. Add enough beer to make spread the desired consistency (mixture will thicken further after chilling).
- With an electric mixer or in a food processor, mix together the cream cheese and Organic Butter Olive Oil until well blended. Mix in cheese.
- Serve with apple slices and dark rye bread or crackers.
- Best packed into an earthenware crock, other ceramic dish, but even plastic will do if that's all you have. To allow flavors to blend, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Note: This spread can be made several weeks in advance.