- 1 cup Frantoio/Leccino Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 cups loosely packed basil
- Salt and pepper
- Place half of the oil, basil and all the garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until well-combined.
- Add the pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper. Let the blender run as you alternately add the other half of the olive oil and basil
- Once it is completely mixed but before it becomes smooth, stop the blender. The pesto sauce should have some texture.
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Pour over pasta or spread on bread.