- ITALIAN RUB
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon any good EVOO (Nocellara, Sonoma County Italian Blend, Melgarejo EVOO, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 whole chicken
- Combine all the ingredients to make a paste-like mixture, then apply to meat. Grill or roast the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the rub under the skin, then all over the top of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish or cast iron skillet in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes. Check for doneness after 45-50 minutes. If the juices run clear it's done. If you see pink, continue to roast until a cooking thermometer registers 150 degrees and the juices run clear. Remove the chicken from the pan and let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.