- 1.5 lbs. fingerling or baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 TBSP Frantoio EVOO, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 1.5 lbs total)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 16 oz. jar Napa cabbage kimchi, drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 TBSP unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4 cups trimmed bitter greens (mustard, mizuna, or arugula)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss potatoes and 1 TBSP oil on a large rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning once, until browned in spots, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, rub chicken with garlic and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken skin side down until golden brown and crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
- Arrange chicken skin side up on baking sheet among potatoes. Roast until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes longer. Remove chicken.
- Lightly smash potatoes. Place kimchi over potatoes; roast until kimchi is warm, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk reserved kimchi liquid, vinegar and 2 TBSP Frantoio EVOO in a small bowl. Scatter greens over potatoes, drizzle with half of the dressing, and toss gently. Divide among plates and drizzle with rest of the dressing. Place a chicken thigh to the side of the salad/potato mixture and serve immediately.