(5-7 hours) 300-420 minutes
- 4 Tablespoons EVOO (such as Barnea or Arbequina) or Butter Olive Oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Cracked pepper
- 3 lbs. beef stew cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Berbere Spice Mix
- Dash Garlic Powder
- Neapolitan Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3-4 carrots, cut in bite-size pieces
- 6 small red potatoes, cut in bite-size pieces
- 6 cremini mushrooms, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 Tablespoons diced basil (if using Neapolitan balsamic, omit)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Marinate beef with Berbere Spice Mix, garlic powder and pepper. Drizzle with EVOO and Neapolitan Dark Balsamic Condimento. Marinate 1-8 hours.
- Brown beef cubes in a little EVOO in frying pan, in batches. Place browned cubes in crockpot
- Brown/sauté onion dices in EVOO in frying pan, add to crockpot.
- Add remaining vegetables, liquids, herbs, and garlic.
- Cook according to crockpot directions.
- If you would like a thicker sauce, take 1/2 cup of broth and mix with 2 Tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca flour. Return to crockpot and mix thoroughly.
- Optional Marinade: Use Dark Chocolate Balsamic Condimento, omit Berbere Spice Mix. Use Blueberry/Pomegranate Juice
- Optional Liquid: Use red wine instead of juice