Sign Up to Get our Newletter and Recipes by Email
Fantastic olive oils....make sure you try the black truffle.....amazing....a little bit o' Heaven in a bottle!"
- Denise B.
It's a true pleasure to encourage people to visit your store!"
- Mary J.
Lasagna with Swiss Chard
An Olive Oil Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. Swiss chard, stems and leaves separated, thinly sliced
- Kosher or sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled plum tomatoes with juices
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of the Melgarejo Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the chopped onion, and chard stems. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in chard leaves. Season with salt and cook for about 2 minutes until tender. Transfer onion and chard to a plate.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and return it to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 Tablespoon oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with juices and simmer, breaking into small pieces, until thickened. Season with salt.
- Spread about 1/2 cup tomato sauce in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with two lasagna noodles, 3/4 cup sauce, one-third of the chard mixture, and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat this process twice more. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then slice and serve.