- 1-1/2 cups semolina flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/8 cups white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Barnea EVOO
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
- Mix the semolina, flour, turmeric and baking powder together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, stir milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the flour mixture and Barnea EVOO and beat with an electric beater at medium speed for 5 minutes. This is a very important step in the process. Beat for the full 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the greased 9-inch round cake pan. Sprinkle the top with pine nuts. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.