30 minutes minutes
- 1 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup best quality blue cheese, such as Point Reyes, crumbled
- 2 large leeks, washed, white portion sliced thin into rounds
- 2 tablespoons Cobrancosa EVOO
- 1 cup Polenta
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- Increase heat, add four cups of chicken broth to the sautéed leeks and bring to a boil.
- Sauté leeks in Cobrancosa for 6-9 minutes, until tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Cobrancosa over medium high heat, in a 3-4 quart sauté pan.
- Add the second tablespoon of Cobrancosa EVOO, and the blue cheese and stir until melted.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with pan juices from a roasted chicken (Optional).