- 1/4 cup Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 1-1/4 cups lentils
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste (be generous)
- 2 medium (about 1 lb.) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, thyme and bay leaves and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high. Stir in the stock, lentils, celery, 1/4 cup of the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a vigorous simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 20 minutes more or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender. Discard the bay leaves.
- Remove 2 cups of the soup and puree in a blender or food processor. Return it to the pot with the remaining 1/4 cup parsley. Cook 1 more minute before serving.