(makes 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed in hot water
- 1 cup kale (fresh or frozen)
- 4 Tablespoons Don Carlo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice and a generous pinch of lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (if using a high speed blender/food processor, no need to soak)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons roasted tahini
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley or chopped green onions
- Optional: garlic powder or roasted garlic
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend all from low to high until completely smooth. Add a few drops of water or oil if needed to blend smoothly.
- Pour into serving dish and chill overnight in the refrigerator. The dip will firm up quite a bit in the refrigerator.
- Serve with a drizzle of any good EVOO on top, along with parsley and garlic, if using.
- Serve with crackers, carrot sticks, toasted bread and the like.