- 8 oz. Chinese wheat noodles or linguine
- 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar or Sherry Reserva Vinegar
- 6 oz. prawns, peeled and deveined
- 6 oz. scallops
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups Napa (Chinese) cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon any varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- While the soup is cooking, cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 2-5 minutes. If using linguine, cook about 8-10 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. Drain in a colander and divide among 4 large soup bowls.
- Return to a simmer and cook until the prawns and scallops are opaque in the center, about 1 minute.
- Add cabbage and 1/4 cup of the broth. Bring to simmer and cook until the cabbage is wilted, about 1 minute. Add the remaining broth, prawns, scallops, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until golden, about 1 minute.
- Ladle the soup over the noodles and sprinkle with scallions.