- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup Organic Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop the peeled garlic into fine bits. Add a little sea salt to it and with your knife, grind the salt into the garlic by pressing down on the blade of the knife until a fine paste is formed. Add the paste to the food processor (or the bowl if using a whisk) to make aioli.
- In the food processor, blend the egg yolk, lemon juice, and mustard until smooth. Add oil in a very slow drizzle, beating constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick. Let rest for 30 minutes before using.
- Can be served on toasted crunchy French bread, used as a dip for fresh vegetables or with cooked artichokes and asparagus, served atop crabcakes or other seafood dishes, etc. It goes with everything!!