- 1 pkg. long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 Tablespoons Ultra Premium Koroneiki (or any robust EVOO) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 stalk celery, diced finely
- 1 medium carrot, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Cook rice according to directions on box.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook until tender (5-7 minutes). Add garlic and cook 1 minute, watching so that garlic doesn't burn.
- Stir in flour and blend thorougly with vegetables and then gradually whisk in milk and broth until completely blended. While stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil. Continue to cook and stir 1-2 minutes more until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add chicken and the rice mixture. Mix together thoroughly and heat through.