- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Arbosana, Picual, Picholine, or Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1-1/2 lbs. small whole mushrooms
- In a 3-quart pot, combine the dry white wine, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, thyme leaves, pepper, salt, sugar and parsley. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the dressing; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate mixture at least four hours or as long as overnight.
- To serve, lift mushrooms from marinade with a slotted spoon and place in a lettuce-line bowl; garnish with 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley. Place toothpicks next to bowl for easy mushroom retrieval.