- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped ripe bananas
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Fused Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 oz.) finely chopped pecans
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position the racks in the center and bottom third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly oil two 9-inch round cake pans with Fused Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil, sprinkle evenly with flour and tap out the excess.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a bowl. In another bowl, stir or whisk the bananas, pineapple, Fused Whole Fruit Blood Orange Olive Oil, eggs and vanilla until combined. DO NOT use an electric mixer. Pour into the dry mixture and fold together with a large spatula, just until smooth. DO NOT BEAT. Fold in the pecans. Spread evenly into the pans.
- Bake until the cake springs back when pressed in the center, 30-35 minutes. Transfer the cakes to wire racks and cool for 10 minutes. Invert the cakes onto the racks, remove the parchment paper (if used), turn right side up and cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream cheese and butter until combined. On low speed, gradually beat in the sugar, then the vanilla, to make a smooth icing.
- Trim the top of the cakes for a smooth, even surface. Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter, spread 2/3 cup of the icing. Top with the second layer (upside down) and spread the remaining icing over the cake top and sides.
- The cake can be prepared up to 1 day in advance and stored, uncovered in the fridge.
- Let stand at room temperature before serving.