- 1/2 head lettuce
- 1/2 head Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 small bunch chicory
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled
- 2 poached breasts of chicken
- 6 pieces of crisp bacon
- 1 avocado
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1 cup French dressing (see www.marisolio.com/recipes/cobb-salad-french-dressing)
- Cut the lettuces, watercress and chicory in fine strips and arrange nicely in a row on a large platter.
- Cut tomatoes in half, remove seeds, dice in very small pieces and place next to chopped greens.
- Dice chicken breasts and place next to tomatoes.
- Chop bacon and line up next to chicken. Cut avocado in small pieces and arrange in a row next to diced chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the top of the salad with the chopped eggs, chopped chives and grated cheese.
- Just before serving pour the dressing over the salad and then carefully lift sections of each row onto a salad plate to serve, or alternatively, toss all the ingredients together and serve in small bowls.