- 2 Tablespoons California Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tabelspoon Fennel seed, crushed or coarsely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili, crushed
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, thinly sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 2-1/4 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds (21-25 count) prawns, peeled and deveined.
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fennel grass from top of fennel bulb
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add garlic, fennel seed and chili flakes. Stir. Cook about 1 minute until garlic just begins to brown. Add the sliced fennel bulb, grapes and salt and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add prawns and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until prawns just turn pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine or vermouth and simmer briefly only about 30 seconds.
- Add butter and swirl pan to incorporate. Adjust seasoning to taste, sprinkle with fennel fronds and serve.