- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 - 2 TBLSP white flour
- 1-1/2 TBSP Butter Olive Oil
- 1 cup milk
- Gradually add the milk while heating the pan until thickened. This now is the mother sauce.
- In a pan, without heat, stir the flour and Butter Olive Oil together with a wire whisk until smooth.
- NOTE: The flavor of the mother sauce can be varied by using a flavored olive oil such as Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil, California Garlic Oil, or any of our other fused or infused olive oils or by adding one or more of the following: hot sauce, nutmeg, celery salt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sherry or wine, 1 teaspoon onion juice, 2 TBLSP chopped parsley, 2 TBLSP chopped chives.