- 1 lb. large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons Koroneiki, Portuguese Cobrancosa, or Ultra Premium Picual olive oil
- Add the shrimp, turmeric, lemon juice, and salt in bowl and marinate for about 1/2 hour at room temperature.
- Warm the oil in large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and drain. Place in the skillet or wok in small batches so shrimp aren't touching each other. Cook until a charred crust forms on the bottom, then flip and repeat for the other side. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and set aside. Continue the process until all the shrimp are cooked.
- Wipe out the skillet.
- NOTE: Because the ingredient list was so long, this recipe is done in 3 parts. If you don't see all the parts, type Masala Shrimp into the search box on our home page and all three parts should appear.