- 1 tbs Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of beef or chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 12-16 frozen (or homemade) meatballs
- 1 (9 oz) package of refrigerated tortellini
- 2 leaves handfuls baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened (about 5 min).
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and meatballs.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer until just barely al dente.
- Stir in spinach leaves and heavy cream.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt if desired.