1-1/2 hours minutes
- 1/4 cup Barnea Olive Oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs. lean beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen cut green beans
- *2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- *2 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- *1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- *1 Tablespoon ground cloves
- *1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- *1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- *pinch of ground cinnamon
- *Mix the cumin, pepper, coriander, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon together. It will make about 1/2 cup. You will only need 1 Tablespoon of the spice mixture for this recipe. That means you can make this stew 8 times.
- Heat the Barnea Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pot. Add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are tender.
- Add beef. Brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, salt and 1 Tablespoon of the spice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer over low heat for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add green beans and cook another 1/2 hour. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro and serve over rice.