- Two 8.5-8.8 oz. packages 90-second, microwave-ready whole grain brown rice or 4 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 Tablespoon Frantoio-Leccino, Arbequina, or Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 10 oz. shredded rotisserie chicken breast meat (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon Moroccan spice blend (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/moroccan-spice-blend-109356) or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions and set aside when finished.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over high heat. Add the green beans and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir-fry until the green beans and peppers are tender but still crisp. Add the broth, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in the shredded chicken, rice, spice blend and 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer until no excess liquid remains. Season with salt.
- Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the parsley and pine nuts and serve.