30 minutes to soak skewers and for the meat, 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Ultra Premium Organic
- 3/4 lb. boneless lamb shoulder chops or lamb leg steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 oz. baby arugula (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced Vidalia or Sweet Texas Onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Fruit Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using them.
- Place an oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the Whole Fruit Lemon Fused Olive Oil, the sour cream, garlic and a pinch of salt. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the Ultra Premium Organic Chetoui EVOO
- In a medium bowl, combine the lamb with the 1 Tablespoon of the Ultra Premium Organic Chetoui EVOO, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Thread the lamb onto 4 small bamboo or metal skewers.
- Place the skewers on a broiler pan and broil 2-4 minutes, turning once, until both sides are browned on the outside but still pink on the inside.
- Transfer the skewers to a shallow baking dish. Whisk the vinaigrette to recombine and pour 3 Tablespoons over the skewers, turning to coat.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula and onion with enough of the remaining vinaigrette to lightly coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pile the greens on two plates, top each salad with two lamb skewers, sprinkle with the bleu cheese, and serve right away.