approx. 60 minutes
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup minus 1/8 cup sugar
- 5-1/2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Roasted Almond OIl
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons boiling water
- Chocolate Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla & 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease 8x8 pan.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients, flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients, egg, salt, milk, lemon juice, oils and vanilla. Add boiling water and stir to incorporate.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined. Don't over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Check by inserting skewer. Allow to cool.
- For sauce, place sugar and water in sauce pan, stir until sugar dissolves. Add cocoa, salt and vanilla. Stir. Turn off heat. Add butter, stir.
- Serve warm, poured over cake.